Legionella Bacteria Testing
Arc Water Treatment is an industry leader in the testing of legionella bacteria. These tests can be taken from all types of sources including cooling towers, evaporative condensers, humidifiers and domestic water systems.
Our nationally-respected testing program offers accurate, quantitative test results of both living and dead legionella bacteria utilizing the DFA (direct fluorescent antibody) method. Any test results that exceed detectable bacteria levels are subsequently processed via the culture method to determine how many bacteria are actually living in the sample. The culture test results (in CFU’s/ml) provide a further, more in-depth analysis of legionella samples. This “progressive profile” testing method provides the most valuable approach to legionella testing as compared to any single test.
Why test for legionella bacteria?
Arc Water Treatment has always been a strong proponent for proactive monitoring of potential legionella sources. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and OSHA estimate that tens of thousands of people contract legionnaires’ disease every year in the United States, and many die when not diagnosed immediately. Their counterparts in the United Kingdom and Australia take a proactive approach and require regular testing with very stringent protocols.
- The benefits of routine testing for legionella testing far outweigh the potential health and legal risks involved from not testing:
- Regular testing for legionella can help prevent potential and sometimes fatal outbreaks of legionnaires’ disease.
- Routine testing for legionella safeguards the health and well-being of building tenants and visitors to the facility.
- Certified laboratory test results provide documented historical data to protect building owners and managers against potential litigation in the event of an outbreak.
- Periodic monitoring for legionella bacteria supplements a comprehensive maintenance program of “due diligence” when performing HVAC preventative maintenance procedures.
Arc Water Treatment offers a competitively priced test with timely results that provides building owners/managers with valuable information about potential health risks involving their cooling or domestic water systems.
Can you afford not to test for legionella?
DOWNLOAD our Testing Kit and literature here.