Why Test for Legionella Bacteria?
Arc Water Treatment has always been a strong proponent for proactive monitoring of potential legionella sources. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and OSHA estimate that tens of thousands of people contract Legionnaires ’ disease every year in the United States, and many die when not diagnosed immediately. Their counterparts in the United Kingdom and Australia take a proactive approach and require regular testing with very stringent protocols.
• The benefits of routine testing for legionella far outweigh the potential health and legal risks involved from not testing.
• Regular testing for legionella can help prevent potential and sometimes fatal outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease.
• Routine testing for legionella safeguards the health and well-being of building tenants and visitors to the facility.
• Certified laboratory test results provide documented historical data to protect building owners and managers against potential litigation in the event of an outbreak.
• Periodic monitoring for legionella bacteria supplements a comprehensive maintenance program of due diligence when performing HVAC
preventative maintenance procedures.
Arc Water Treatment offers a competitively priced test with timely results that provides building owners/managers with valuable information about potential health risks involving their cooling or domestic water systems.
Can You Afford Not to Test For Legionella?
Click Here to Contact Us for a Legionella Testing Kit and Literature.
Click Here for More Information on Legionnaires’ Disease Prevention.